About Me

My dream in life is to own a really great cookie jar

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Why Brussels was almost terrible

My train going from Bruges to Brussels was delayed by an hour. In my mind it didn't seem like such a terrible thing until I was halfway there, watching the scenery out the window, and it started to get dark. I arrived at the Brussels train station just as a really creepy twilight was setting over the city. There I am, a young girl caught without pepper spray or brass knuckles, wandering through the dingy, seedy streets of Brussels (areas around train stations never seem to be nice) just trying to find my hostel. It was terrible, I just wanted to sit down and cry. Fortunately for me I ran across these lovely ladies, who made my day worth it.

They were doing a promotion for Lush, offering free products to anyone who would do the twist with them. So I did. To an upbeat 1950s song, I twisted and jived in the middle of the city- and I didn't even bother to take my backpack off. And as I walked away with new friends and shampoo, I decided Brussels was a pretty cool place.

1 comment: