About Me

My dream in life is to own a really great cookie jar

Monday, November 7, 2011

Bruges, Belgique

Sad truth: I've now been to Bruges, but I've never seen In Bruges. I did, though, watch the trailer in preparation for trip.
Apparently the movie has inspired many to make the trek out to this adorably quaint and perfectly magical ville.

Canals run all throughout the city, creating about a gazillion kodak moments and allowing for boat tours that can only be compared to Disneyland's Small World. What's more, every boat that went by seemed to have a different language being spoken- though sadly I heard no singing.











One of my favorite parts of Bruges was waking up early and just strolling along the streets. The city is perfectly still in the mornings save for a few people riding by on their bikes. This probably has something to do with the fact that Bruges, at any given time, has more tourists than actual people residing there. And, as we all know, most tourists (unless you're from my family) like to actually vacation, ie. sleeping in, eating a leisurely breakfast at 10, etc.
Well at least I don't miss anything.

1 comment:

  1. :) My family doesn't sleep in either!! Vacations are always so exhausting, but, ultimately rewarding!! I like the quite time in the morning.
    Have a good sleep in and sculpture-free day!!!

    ReplyDelete