About Me

My dream in life is to own a really great cookie jar

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Tourist to the core

Much of my trip to Brussels was characterized by my need to see every famous art piece I could. I think I succeeded.
The Magritte Museum was my second favorite place to visit- especially since I got in free for being an Art History student. It was three stories dedicated to Magritte's life and work put together in a wonderfully smooth and visually appealing way. It would have been my first on my lists of favorites, but unfortunately for Magritte, I visited the Royal Museum of Fine Arts of Belgium, where The Death of Marat exists. I died a little when I saw it.


I couldn't take enough pictures of it.
For those who aren't familiar with The Death of Marat, it's a painting by Jacques Louis David from 1793, right smack dab in the middle of the French Revolution. It's an awesome painting, and if you happen to be in Brussels, don't miss out. And here are some other art pieces I got to see.





 The last three pictures are of a really cool art exhibit I got to climb (free, you just had to put on a hard hat) and from the top you got a great view of a cathedral.



No comments:

Post a Comment