About Me

My dream in life is to own a really great cookie jar

Monday, September 12, 2011

The French do it right

I am having a love affair with food, and the farmer's markets here are just feeding my obsession. There is something about the fresh air mixed with the vendors yelling about their great deals that just brings a smile to my face.
 The Capucins Market is fantastic to walk through. A covered market, it has natural light coming in from all sides while still protecting shoppers from the elements (great especially on rainy days). With a surplus of beautiful cuts of meat and piles and piles of oysters and mussels, it's quite a blast to explore. Not only that, but it's right next to the farmer's market at Saint-Michel. Endless amounts of food.
I think though, that my all time favorite place to buy fresh produce would be Sunday mornings at the Quai des Chartrons. The market is the perfect size- just enough stalls to allow for options, but not too many to feel overwhelming.

The best part is the feeling of familiarity between the vendor and the customer. I would keep going back just to get to know the people there (though the food is definitely a plus).

1 comment:

  1. Yay!
    This is wonderful!
    Although, the fly on the squid is a little odd...
    Keep it up, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete