About Me

My dream in life is to own a really great cookie jar

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bordeaux Adventure Time

 After two weeks abroad I've finally set aside time to make my first blog post. It's been a very drawn out process, involving lots of staring at the computer screen while wishing I were more creative and pretending I'm just too cool to try yet. I feel like my young self years ago starting my first (and only) diary where I made cute but false promises to write in it every day, and then promptly forgot within the following 24 hours. I'm hoping this will be a different experience.



 Anywaysss, I'm in Bordeaux. It's true. Sister city to Los Angeles and the wine capital of France, it's
a city full of character and really cool cathedrals. And if the original 18th and 19th century buildings don't steal your heart at first glance, I'm sure the free newspapers and readily available public transit will quickly change your mind.
 I'll be kind and spare you all the excruciating details of the affordable farmer's markets filled with delicious fresh food- and the baguettes baked every day- and the chocolate-y delicious croissant treats- and the fruit tarts...

Everything about this place is just incredible. I've already had to kick myself multiple times for missing perfect 'french' photos because I forgot to bring a camera. That brings me to my new goal for life: a picture a day. I'm hoping to at least get one good shot out of every day here. I guess we'll just see how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. c'est magnifique. j'achete une jute avec toi et une baguette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J'ai pas dit oui oui J'ai dit où dois-je wee wee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between this blog and my new Kindle, I will never need reading material again! Thank you for the pics and prose Danni, love Unkie Riprock

    ReplyDelete